Evolving Peace

A site that is progressing for the goal of everlasting peace within ourselves, our family, our friends, our country and our planet !

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving: "Give thanks and praise"

 

Once again, another national Holiday tainted with irony. I can lecture about the slaughtering of the Native Americans but you are aware of that, my intention is to bring about the light of the holiday. Despite the forgotten intentions of the original holiday, there still is a lot to be thankful for on this day and as a society we should be aware of those blessings before we devour our meals. 

 

As I progress through my journey of life, I appreciate every minute of it and try to enjoy and live fully. I strive everyday for something to live for and that is the joy of it all. I am most thankful for the planet we call home. If it were not for the Earth, it would be impossible to sustain life, as we know it. The natural beauty and wonders of nature are the most spectacular sights and joys of life.

 

I am thankful for the air we breathe. Many people tend to forget that the most important activity we do each day is to breathe. Our work, the baseball game, or shopping is not the most important thing we do. Try to go without breathing, and see what happens. Protection of our air is extremely important to the quality of our lives.

 

I am thankful for the water we drink. The human body is two-thirds water and it is the lifeblood of the human body. Water is a primary source of delivering oxygen and nutrients. Water is responsible for removing toxins and waste from the body. Without clean water, what toxins will remain within us?

 

I am thankful for the wonders of nature. I am a tree hugger, and yes it is good. I love the trees, the babbling brooks, and the majestic mountains. The serenity and peace that surrounds us in nature is what the world really is about. It is not about the wars or the possessions of the world. It is all about the experience and the peaceful coexistence with nature. 

 

I am thankful for all the people who have passed through my life. Whether it is family, friends, or romances all of it has shaped me. If you are not aware of it, we are all connected. My mother and father gave me life, my grandmother took care of me, my cousin and I grew up together, my friends and I have laughed and my girlfriend has given me love. We are all connected to each other. The six degrees of separation is really there, from Adam and Eve to Howard Zinn we are all connected to each other.

 

I am thankful for all the greats of history whom have stood up for injustices among us. I am thankful for all those who have taught us; the teachers, writers and musicians. You may have your influences that have taught you to be a better person, but all of these are things within us. We are breathing the air of Jesus Christ, Buddha, and Muhammad. All the great mystical cultures as well the Mayans, Incas, and the hundreds of Native American cultures are part of us.

 

Once again, on Thanksgiving I am grateful to be alive and I hope that the rest of you will feel that way. It is the best to realize that without those of the past we would not be where we our today. Give thanks to those who have sacrificed, nurture your loved ones, and remember all those whom are still suffering in the world today.

 

Happy Thanksgiving and Peace

Robb Kidd

 

"One love, one heart
Let's get together and feel all right
Hear the children crying (One love)
Hear the children crying (One heart)
Sayin', 'Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right.'
Sayin', 'Let's get together and feel all right.' "

Bob Marley.

 

1 Comments:

At December 19, 2011 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who has simply because it burberry scarves classy.There. Both love the look and feel of a classic design. If you want to see you slick, you need a scarf, it's what you need, whether it can be refined.You are there to wrap myself in a soft luxurious If you are looking for, then you will burberry scarves on sale want to cashmere scarves. As it is comforting to the fabric and there is nothing more desirable.

We was not able to track it,he was air max 90 negotiating.a couple of weeks ago, I (buy), I felt very positive. When you sign up for a court Decertification discuss with you a setting, it is not a positive position, "said Townsend. Said.said. Advertising slots nike air max have already been purchased.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home