Evolving Peace

A site that is progressing for the goal of everlasting peace within ourselves, our family, our friends, our country and our planet !

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Start Global Cooling


The cold air is starting to blow through town today. Just the other day temperatures were rising above sixty degrees and thoughts of winter were absent from consciousness. So today the beginning signs of the upcoming winter begin to show and the cold begins to set in. Soon we in Vermont will be covered in a blanket of snow.

While temperatures drop, little thought is given to the notions of global warming. I recently moved to Vermont expecting a return to the glorious visions of winter, deep snow and chilly frosts. Nowhere in sight, but I know it’s about to come. Having been raised in New Jersey, I remember frigid days and a few snow storms in November so embarking in my new home I was expecting a return to that being much further north, but to my avail things are not that different. While today the Supreme Court hears arguments claiming that man is causing the eminent warming of the planet, I see first hand the hypothesis at work.

Global warming as a matter has been buried by a rash of politicians and corporations who see that it’s man’s eminent duty to do with the earth as they see fit. I guess certain unalienable Rights of life liberty and happiness mean do as you please to obtain profits. That faulty logic allows man to continually degrade the planet as they see fit with no regards to the inhabitants whether it is people, animals or vegetation. So while all the major scientists of the world have concluded that man’s usage of fossil fuels has increased the causes of global warming, we still have a system and culture in place that refuses to awaken to the realities.

While there many of us who will pinpoint to the politicians and the masters of industry as the culprits, it is still you and I to blame. Yes, the politicians have refused and the oil and auto industry has consistently produced their earth debilitating products but only because they were reflecting our needs and desires. The culture of consumption fuels the continual fire of the planet’s destruction. Oh, how the latest plasma screen TV will look in your living room, or the multi-colored lights broadcasting to your neighbors that you are in the Christmas spirit. Those objects while temporarily may make you feel good are actually adding to the demise of the planet.

So as I read today about Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia claim that he does not understand the science of global warming, I relish in the fact that while a lot of the populace may supposedly care about the issue they continue to contribute to the exponential warming of the planet. Global warming my friends is a reality and like other matters of change, you must be the one to act. Actions by the Supreme Court, the President, or Congress do not speak loud enough for a reversal of the warming course. You and I must the ones to orchestrate that change.

As inhabitants in this world there are many things we can choose to do to slow the process of global warming down.

  1. Use less energy, I grew up in a house with an economic miser of a father, warm clothing in the winter will save a bundle.
  2. Walk or bicycle more, all the gas you will save while burning of the extra calories from your thanksgiving dinner and you gain the pleasure of breathing fresh air.
  3. Shop locally, improves the quality of your towns but builds a sense of community by buying goods purchased from a neighbor instead of an online catalog that ships goods from China and enhances the wealth of its stock owners.
  4. Less consumption, what do you really need that Christmas Snow Globe on your front lawn for, besides the extra money will require you to work less.
  5. Think…..It does not hurt...

While we can all criticize the politicians for failing to act on the upcoming crisis with our planet, it is time that we act on our own. This land is my land and this land is your land.

Peace

Robb Kidd

“Ask not what your country can do for you: Ask what you can do for your country." John F. Kennedy

4 Comments:

At December 02, 2006 6:58 PM, Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hey everyone, I'm new! ..... just made my profile. Everyone says I need to share

something so I Just thought I'd let you know a place where I made an extra $800 last month!
Click here to find out more!
Be sure to check out my new page. :)

 
At December 02, 2006 7:00 PM, Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hey everyone, I'm new! ..... just made my profile. Everyone says I need to share

something so I Just thought I'd let you know a place where I made an extra $800 last month!
Click here to find out more!
Be sure to check out my new page. :)

 
At December 02, 2006 7:02 PM, Blogger Askinstoo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At December 02, 2006 7:09 PM, Blogger Askinstoo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home