Evolving Peace

A site that is progressing for the goal of everlasting peace within ourselves, our family, our friends, our country and our planet !

Monday, January 01, 2007

Imagine, Peace in the New Year



And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air. As I watched the fireworks cascading through the night sky a sprinkle of tears glittered in my eye. Hundreds of people gathered around to celebrate the coming of the New Year on the State House lawn of Montpelier, Vermont. Children as well as Adults cackled with “oh and ah” at the spectacle of lights and the thunderous roar of the fireworks exploding in the air. I must admit I felt like a child myself reminiscing the sights and sounds as a child, but the cold fresh air brought me back to earth and I just wondered.

Yesterday, from Sydney, Australia to Honolulu, Hawaii millions of people celebrated the coming of a new year. In those places hearing bomb like noises must have been a thrill but I just wonder what it must be like to be in downtown Baghdad or Kabul, Afghanistan. Loud thunderous noises to them are a part of their daily life and escape from the sounds is a mere impossibility. So today hearing the news that the 3,000 American soldier has died in Iraq brought about strong feelings of disgust in the ways of man. Somewhere today another American family is grieving the loss of a loved one and in Iraq many more families are suffering as well.

So as I looked up at the glittering sky and the tear was glistening in my eye, I hoped that maybe once and for all the world would begin to work for peace. That is my hope and dream for the New Year. Imagine, the whole world living in peace, no wars based on lies. I wish the world a happy and peaceful New Year.

Peace
Robb Kidd

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

John Lennon-Imagine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home