Evolving Peace

A site that is progressing for the goal of everlasting peace within ourselves, our family, our friends, our country and our planet !

Monday, March 19, 2007

Weather Report


There is a 100 percent chance of weather today and to me it will be beautiful. I have not been writing very much due to a busy schedule and different types of weather that have been affecting my mood and in actuality I do not have the spark to write about the misery of the political world today. As I look outside and feel the warmth of the sun and fresh snow glowing upon the ground I am happy to be alive. However, as I bask in my joy of the beautiful day I reflect on all those who look at the weather in such a negative way.

For years, I lived in New Jersey and it seemed everywhere I went it was a terrible day. It was too cold, it was too hot, it was too rainy, it was too dry or there was too much snow. It seems as if there was never that perfect day to all those that I encountered. Contrary, to that I love the rain, I love the heat and I love the cold. Yesterday, I was snowshoeing upon a mountain top and I was just overwhelmed in the spectacular sights of the day. Every once in a while gusts of wind would blow snow off the tree tops and amidst the trail was a marvelous winter wonderland. At times I could not see five feet in front of me and that was fine. It was just another day in paradise.

Last week, the temperatures soared to the high 50’s and visions of spring were amongst us. Worries of a fast rising spring thaw captivated residents of all, but as a reminder of winter we were rushed back into the season with a pleasant storm. Storm predications were prevalent, but as the night progressed we were left with only a minor blanket of fresh powder.

So while we are given friendly reminders of the passing winter and now await the true spring thaw, I look forward to the advent of spring. The return of the bees and birds, budding trees, sprouting flowers and soon that Vermont’s hills and mountains will explode with many shades of green. I hope the thaw melts slowly and calmly and we miss the projective flood in Montpelier, so we can all enjoy the wonders and the changes of the season. It is a beautiful day.

Peace
Robb Kidd

“Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get.” Mark Twain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home