Evolving Peace

A site that is progressing for the goal of everlasting peace within ourselves, our family, our friends, our country and our planet !

Monday, July 02, 2007

Times Are A Changin' ?


Most likely you’ll go your way and I’ll go mine was the lyric of the night for me at the Champlain Valley Expo where music icon Bob Dylan performed to an enthusiastic crowd. I have been hearing and seeing Bob Dylan perform since my early teenage years up to modern times and as always it was a pleasure to hear the master of words to music. The Times are a Changin’ echoed throughout the fair grounds and a familiar sound to many who witnessed the 1960’s cultural and almost political upheaval of America. I just hope and wonder ever time I hear that song that maybe one day the times will really be a changing.

Bob Dylan was once heralded as the voice of generation; however he never claimed that for himself and for now he can be summed up as still being a major voice in a chaotic and sometimes dark world. Dylan concerts now gather a crowd of people from all walks of life and age groups. The Montpelier senior center had operated a bus to the concert and intermixed within the crowd were not just my self in my late 30’s and my friend in his 40’s but speckles of fresh college and high school students. America has last its voice and Bob Dylan’s mastery of words carry a lot of weight to a population that is buried under the age of I-phones and news features of Paris Hilton.

The songs of Bob Dylan are stories relating to our culture, our times and our lives and if you do not fit the mold of Madison Avenue, Hollywood or Espn’ you are sometimes lost in an isolated world. There are so many problems amongst the world today whether it is the War in Iraq, Global Warming, the hypocrisy of the US Health Care System or the mere over-consummation within the American consumer culture and although Dylan never directly speaks of a particular issue you can decipher and determine what you choose from his words and act as you wish. I have visualized a world much different than what he has painted with his words, but with my power of free will I choose to go my way and most likely you’ll go your way.

Peace
Robb Kidd

“There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,” Bob Dylan All Along the Watchtower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home