Evolving Peace

A site that is progressing for the goal of everlasting peace within ourselves, our family, our friends, our country and our planet !

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Voices, Voices and More Now!!!

All things must pass, for I have been told. This week I ventured off into a new direction in life and as I end one page in this chapter of life I am embarking towards a new personal frontier. For the last year I have been quite persistent in posting my views and opinions on what I perceive to be as a world gone mad and although I would like to continue that path I am going to have to curtail my writings just a bit. While I do appreciate those who have commented from time to time and the anonymous readers who have stopped by and partaken in my world, I would like to encourage more from you all.

We have reached a critical juncture in the status of American democracy and with the looming environmental crisis we are facing this is no time for you to sit back and play a passive role with the world around you. What is needed is for each and every citizen who has an opinion to express it and speak it loud. There are multiple ways to do that, for this blog has been one of my mediums, however the most important route is through everyday conversations. Your friends, neighbors, casual acquaintances and everyone you meet must be aware and stop hiding in fear for the current path will get us nowhere. Stand up and speak your mind and you’ll be surprised more people agree with you.

So, while I have chosen a new path for myself and for it I will not have the luxury of time to post as frequently, however I hope to see a higher frequency of debate within the world around me. The past is behind me and as I embark into my new direction I hope that the debauchery of this American President and his disregard of the natural world will pass soon too.

Peace
Robb Kidd

PS: I recommend reading my partner's words in her marvelous reflection on the peace activist, Grace Paley.

“You can't let go and you can't hold on. You can't go back and you can't stand still. If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.” Robert Hunter, The Wheel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home