Evolving Peace

A site that is progressing for the goal of everlasting peace within ourselves, our family, our friends, our country and our planet !

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Floating Garbage-In the Sea and in DC.


As the world spins aimlessly around the sun, I sit and wonder what man has done with the planet and if there ever is a chance to bring it back? Not to be bleak but some times I just feel as it is hopeless and to upon discovering the above picture(from the London Independent), I rest my case.

While America had been so gaga over the Obama rhetoric of change, the planet still has been lingering in turmoil. The US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are expanding while cheerleading democrats go silent in critiquing their golden child, Obama. “War is bad, expect when it’s my party.” Industry executives (aka-coal interests) have hijacked climate change legislation so that in reality there is no real promise of action in sight.

Then we have the supposed “Health Care Reform”, in which Republican outrage over death panels has stalled the Presidents luke-warm proposals. It boggles my mind that polls have shown over 50percent of Americans support moving towards a single payer health care system, but somehow the President chose to ignore single payer advocates and instead proposed his pseudo public option plan. However, right wing criticism has now defeated his plan, meanwhile he and his loyal Democratic minions try to convince us that it is all the right wing’s fault. From my view it appears Obama had no interest in reform and instead created a division to polarize the issue and therefore create a image of reform but in reality he protects the interests of the Insurance Cartels and Wall Street thugs that supported his campaign.

Oh, I wish I was not so cynical, but these days there is so very little hope for me to follow. Nonetheless it is now Fall in the Northeast and the trees are in an array of colors that are opening my eyes to the wonders of nature. Maybe after the passing season change will really begin, for I surely hope that the earth has the power to correct itself from the political nonsense and the actual garbage floating around the planet. I surely hope.

Peace
Robb

“Just as there's garbage that pollutes the Potomac River, there is garbage polluting our culture. We need an Environmental Protection Agency to clean it up.” Patrick Buchanan - I used this quote because it covers how I feel, however Pat a former Nixon Speechwriter is by far expressing something different.

1 Comments:

At September 28, 2009 9:41 AM, Blogger Jon_leibowitz@mac.com said...

Robb! What's up man. This is Jon Leibowitz from MSEL year at VLS.

I found your blog looking for your email address. However, I can't find your contact info anywhere on the blog!

My girlfriend is currently in the legislation class and really wants to get an internship/externship in MontP doing what you did a couple years ago. I remember you loving it and staying in the area, and I assume, still being active with politics in the capital.

I am contacting you to see if you have any connections or anything of the sort that might help my girlfriend get the internship next (spring) semester.

You can contact me back at jonleibowitz@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Hope all is well, and your blog is awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home